Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, May 25, 2005

    Grrrrreat!

    Yesterday Tiger arrived to my doorstep. You may know it as the newest version of the Macintosh operating system: Mac OS version 10.4. I plan on upgrading later this week when I have some free time. I certainly hope the process goes more smoothly than my experience with registering my car in Massachusetts.

    Surprisingly the problem isn't with the Dept of Motor Vehicles. They've actually been quite helpful and cordial during my multiple trips to multiple locations. No, you see, the problem is with my new auto insurance company. Of course I couldn't keep Allstate when I moved away from Connecticut because the Bay State likes to forbid any of the big players like Geico, Allstate, and Progressive.

    My new insurance provider has already screwed up twice with the paperwork. First they sent me an RMV-3 form instead of the RMV-1. The DMV quickly spotted this blunder and sent me away for the right form. I got the correct form, but part of it was incorrectly filled out by the insurance company. So again, a trip to the DMV, a nice little wait, a saunter to the counter, and sha-boom, they sent me packing again.

    Luckily I was able to get an extension for my paperwork deadline until the end of next week, otherwise my policy would've been dropped as of Friday. Yikes! I wonder if I can just build a Dashboard widget to do my registration for me?