Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, June 02, 2005

    Donnacha Costello: Color Series

    I can get really excited about music. When I'm really enjoying something in particular, I'll be sure to share it with friends by playing an artist for them, dropping a song onto a mix CD, or posting a little something here.

    Lately I've been really digging Donnacha Costello's Color Series. It took me forever and a day to find it because each record was both limited and vinyl only. Each month during 2004, Irish electronic musician Donnacha Costello released a 12" with an A side and a B side. To put it simply, the series is like breakbeat records for the tech-house crew. Lots of wonderful repetitive beats and synth noises reminiscent of early Theorem or Plastikman.

    I've decided to have you help me pick next Monday's Tracks of the Week. Considering the entire 12" series is stellar and every track clocks in around 8 or 9 minutes, it's safe to say you're going to get some quality music regardless of your color choice. But drop me a comment below and pick the color you want to hear and whichever gets the most votes will be served up next week:

    - Blue
    - Green
    - Red
    - Grape
    - Pistachio
    - Orange
    - Opal
    - Olive
    - Mustard
    - Cocoa

    What do you, the people at home, think? Drop me a color in the comments.