Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, June 08, 2005

    Only fatalists would choose Jandek

    If you could suddenly inherit the entire back catalog of any artist or band, what would it be? I was thinking about this today, and I'm having a tough time deciding because there are a few factors to consider I suppose.

    Do I choose an artist that has ultra-rare, ultra-difficult-to-find albums?
    Do I choose an artist that has a prolific career simply to gain as many records as possible?
    Do I choose an artist that I've always heard about, but never heard?
    Do I choose an artist that has gone through many phases to get a satisfying variety?

    What would you choose?