Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, June 13, 2005

    Tracks of the Week: Modern

    The Modern Lovers "Roadrunner" - When I was commuting in Connecticut last year, I wore out this album. It's wonderful driving music. Produced by a member of the Velvet Underground, this album has their influence all over it, but a sunnier adaptation. Oh, and one of the members went on to be in The Talking Heads. Buy It.

    Ray Charles "Bye Bye Love" - From his 1962 record Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music, this song isn't so much country-ish as it is big-bandy. Now that's a great sentence, ain't it? I really don't know much about Mr. Charles. I haven't even seen "Ray". Enjoy! Buy It.