Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, July 01, 2005

    First pens, now paper

    I recently retired a moleskine notebook because I ran out of pages. I used it to keep track of the music side of my life:

    random notes about neat records I've been wanting to check out

    ideas for new Tracks of the Week

    lists of albums to compile for mp3 discs for friends

    interesting upcoming shows culled from The Weekly Dig and ZBC's Concert Report (although I never make it to any of them)

    ideas for song transitions for DJ mixes (although I never make any of those either)

    and random thoughts that I felt like jotting down, like incomplete blog ideas related to music

    I picked up another moleskine and now I'm wondering what I should use it for. Here's an interesting list of uses on 43FoldersWiki. They discuss everything from metadata to using the accordian for storing your Amazon wishlist (with the help of The Pocket Wisherman).

    Using my first moleskine for music worked out pretty well I must say. So maybe it's time for more music ideas in volume two. Wicka-wicka.