Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, July 08, 2005

    Tracks of the Week Archive

    These days you can't take two steps without tripping over a podcast. Thanks to the enthusiasm of bloggers and the pervasiveness of iTunes, podcasting is quickly leaking into the mainstream media. Need a quick rundown on podcasting? Here you go.

    Wouldn't it be cool if this post announced a Nervous Music podcast? Maybe someday, but not today, folks. I'd love to put together my own podcast though. It would probably take the shape of a themed radio show, maybe even a DJ mix if I was feeling ambitious. What a great chance to relive the glory days of college radio! The format could be even weirder and wilder than what I was capable of serving up ten years ago.

    So anyway: You aim for the stars and sometimes you hit the roof. I've decided to be lazy and not jumpstart a podcasting venture. Rather I've just thrown together a small archive for all the Tracks of the Week thus far. You can find it in the "Listening" section on the left.

    As expected, the actual mp3s aren't available because the rule still stands about hosting them for just a week. But if you feel like browsing, you can still catch quick reviews and "Buy It" links if you're hankerin' for some new music. Despite a crazy summer, I'm able to continue with the new tracks. Let's hope I can keep it up. Or maybe you just want me to cut it out, because it's all nervous music, and that's fine too.