Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, July 25, 2005

    Tracks of the Week: Girth

    Skinny Puppy "The Centre Bullet" - On my drive home last Friday, I hit a lot of traffic a few miles from my exit. It was sudden and unexpected because 1) the traffic began halfway down a hill so you couldn't see it until you were over the crest, and 2) it was on a stretch of highway that rarely sees a backup. As I braked, I checked the rearview to be sure the car behind me was paying attention too, as well as the car behind him, and the car behind her, and the car behind him, and so on. However, the driver five cars back wasn't paying attention so very much; he swerved, skidded, and careened into the median barracade harder than a turbo-charged hockey check against the boards. All the cars immediately behind me were OK, and so was I despite feeling a bit rattled. This track was playing on the stereo. Buy It.

    Herbie Hancock "Wiggle-Waggle" - Hey hey hey! Who was first to sign the Declaration of Independence? HERBIE Hancock. He also ventured into the wonderful world of jazz funk with the 1969 release Fat Albert. The tracks are centered around the soundtrack music he wrote for Bill Cosby's Fat Albert cartoon show. Funky funky with the hippin' and the hoppin' and the bippin' and the boppin'. Buy It.