Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, July 11, 2005

    Tracks of the Week: Shuffle

    Mouse on Mars "X-Flies" - Shuffling songs on an mp3 player can be a wonderful thing. For me, it recently unearthed a couple songs that I haven't heard since my days at WRBC 91.5 FM in Lewiston, Maine (hence the theme for this week's tracks). I loved playing this song on my 12am-3am shift which I think was during short term junior year. It's a sublime little track to groove to late at night. Buy It.

    Bowery Electric "Words" - Another great song to chill out to late at night. I feel like this album (Beat) got buried during the "trip hop" craze. Shame. It's a fantastic album and definitely worth a new listen. I think it aged well due to its simplicity. This track is representative of the rest of the album. If you enjoy this, you'll be quickly nodding off to tracks 2-11. Buy It.