Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, July 04, 2005

    Tracks of the Week: Today

    Sebastien Tellier "La Ritournelle" - Another track from Superpitcher's Today mix? Yup. I heard this song on my commute last Friday (great morning show on ZBC), and realized, hey, this is a terrific track too. It closes out the mix quite nicely. Call it "elegant, sweeping chamber pop." Buy It.

    Yo La Tengo "Today is the Day" - The Hoboken trio return to form on this song from their 2003 EP of the same name. Back are the squeeling guitars and noisy pop of their earlier output. YLT always seem to pack in quality EPs with remixes and covers between albums. Their 2003 full-length Summer Sun was beautiful, don't get me wrong. It had a gentler version of this song. But I just love when they rock out. Buy It.