Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, August 10, 2005

    Esperanto, why don't you come to your senses?

    When it comes to RSS readers, I'm all over web-based services. Frankly, I don't quite understand the popularity of client-based software for gathering feeds. Sure, they do a good job, but I like the ability to jump on from anywhere (home, work, an internet café in Monkey's Eyebrow, Arizona) to keep updated on my universe of useless information.

    Bloglines is my weapon of choice. Among the 100-ish feeds I subscribe to, I get my daily fill of gadget news through Gizmodo and Engadget. About two weeks ago something strange started happening with the Engadget feed. I had 10 new posts on a Saturday but noticed all of them were in Esperanto.

    Hm, I thought, this is odd. The feed had suddenly changed from Engadget to Esperanto Radio Arkivo and I was bombarded with news about... well... I have no idea. I can't read Esperanto. See for yourself.

    I figured some crackpot hacked Engadget's feed but I've been unable to find any news about this. I left it as is for a couple weeks, but nothing changed. No new posts, just the original 10 I saved. So last weekend I finally decided to resubscribe to Engadget. Everything's back to normal and no sign of any Esperanto leaking into my gadget news. Any other Bloglines users run into strange stuff like this?