Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, August 09, 2005

    From 17,000 mph to 0 in less than one hour

    Despite all the delays and hangups with the current space mission (not to mention the recent critiques of the NASA program), I've gotta say it was still exhilirating to sit in my car this morning, already in the parking garage, waiting for the Discovery shuttle to touch down at 8:12am. Who knows when the next manned/womanned flight will take place? Future generations may only see robotic missions. It's wonderful that technology can get us to that point, but we can always say that we were around when humans were onboard.