Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, August 08, 2005

    Tracks of the Week: Bonus

    The Beach Boys "Hang Onto Your Ego" - Every so often I post a bonus track of the week just to mix things up a bit. This week, however, I've decided to use "bonus" as the theme. Both of these songs are bonus tracks that came from reissued albums. In the case of this one, "Hang Onto Your Ego" is really just a re-working of "I Know There's An Answer" which appears on the original 1966 Pet Sounds. You'll get this particular song on the 1999 remastering which includes the entire album in mono and stereo. Summer listening for your summer fun. Buy It.

    Gang of Four "Outside The Trains Don't Run On Time" - Entertainment!, one of the definitive post-punk albums of the 70s, got reissued this spring with a few extra tracks, including a horrendous live cover of "Sweet Jane." I'll spare you the torture of that one. But I will share this track which retains all the scratchy funk, Marxist politics, and edgy punk of the full-length. A little something you can spazz out to. Buy It.