Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, August 15, 2005

    Tracks of the Week: Expensive

    The Ramones "Simone Is A Punk Rocker" - If money grew on trees, I'd own a lot more box sets. There's no extra cash to spare these days, but I'll let them sit and stew on my wishlist just the same. Last week Rhino released what looks to be a fantastic 3-CD + DVD + comic book box set of 85 Ramones songs. That should just about cover everything they did. Here's one of their most famous. Buy It ($51.99)

    Albert Ayler "Ghosts (First Variation)" - Another recent box set. A real beauty. How many box sets come in a 10" by 10" black faux-onyx "spirit box"? I'd say just the one; and this is it. Collecting Ayler's output from 1962-1970, Holy Ghost: Rare & Unissued Recordings is a monster of a release by Revenant. This is arguably avant-garde, free jazz at its best. Buy It ($95.49)