Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, September 12, 2005

    Tracks of the Week: Beef

    Captain Beefheart "Tropical Hot Dog Night" - I enjoy listening to WZBC (90.3 fm) on my Friday night home commutes. From 6-7pm is Test Pattern, a weekly show with a rotating guest DJ who spotlights an artist, a label, or a music scene. There have been some great ones lately. Bill Laswell, Carl Stalling, and Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band. No doubt this track had to be played during the hour. Buy It.

    Captain Beefheart "Love Lies" - Here's another song from the Captain's 1978 release Shiny Beast (Bat Chain Puller). A tad more straight-forward than the track above, but arguably equally as silly. What do you expect from a man who has a 4½ octave vocal range and enjoyed the company of Frank Zappa? Buy It.