Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, September 23, 2005

    What the heck is a mass air flow sensor?

    This is the question I was forced to ask myself yesterday afternoon when I was on the phone with my mechanic. You see, I was driving home on the Mass Pike Wednesday night, and as I slowed to yield for traffic, my car suddenly jolted hard and died. Someone somewhere was testing me because I found myself cruising at 40 mph in the middle lane with no gas and only my brake. My wheel froze and it felt like the engine had seized up.

    Fortunately I was able to coast my way into the breakdown lane, and eventually to the Framingham rest area while I waited over an hour for a tow truck to arrive. Inhaling Doritos and a Gatorade was not my idea for a nice dinner after a long day of work, but I had little choice. Actually this week in general has killed me and that's why you haven't heard from me lately.

    So, back to the mass air flow sensor: If you're curious you can get your answer by reading this PDF. I have no interest in learning about the sensor, but I did have to learn it would cost me quite a bit to replace.

    But the story has a happy ending. A new sensor has been installed, and I had no trouble driving to work this morning. It's Friday which is also good news, and I'm looking forward to sleeping away the entire weekend.