Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, October 11, 2005

    Be safe: backup

    My LaCie 250 GB FireWire external hard drive arrived yesterday. Now that I have 25 GB of high-definition wedding videos, not to mention all the music and files scattered across both my Powerbook and Compaq desktop, it was high time I worked out a backup strategy.

    The LaCie drive, designed by F.A. Porsche, is a brilliant little machine. Measuring not much larger than an actual brick, it was super easy to format and partition. With Mac OS 10.x, I didn't even need the installer CD because Apple's built-in Disk Utility app took care of it for me.

    At $159 on Amazon, the drive is a steal. A mere 64 cents per GB. Such a good deal, and I have Brian to thank for pointing me in the direction of the LaCie. Thanks Brian!