Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, November 05, 2005

    Bob yer head to the minimal beats

    Donnacha Costello has released a really great mix on his website at Minimise.com. The 45-minute mp3 entitled Costello Can't Sleep is a mellow trip through minimal house and techno. The mix features some of his new material from this year, but also digs into the past for some old Plastikman and Vapourspace. Wonderful stuff.

    This reminds me of what I heard on WZBC a few weeks ago during a Test Pattern spotlight on the Boston label Unlockedgroove. I enjoyed that hour on radio so much, I dropped them an email to ask if I could get a copy of their first compilation The Appliance of Science, Volume 1.

    No word back, but when I checked the site again tonight I discovered the four track comp is available for download. I should certainly show my support and buy the vinyl from Forced Exposure. But I don't have a turntable! Maybe it would look nice on the wall in one of those trendy IKEA record frames?