Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, November 02, 2005

    Mo' Beta Blues

    Basil and I exchanged emails today (hi Henry!). He was searching for the online service that provides slick invoicing. (It's called Blinksale.) He commented on how many new web-based apps are surfacing each day. It really is amazing.

    Back in February, when Adaptive Path coined the term AJAX, it seemed to open the floodgates for a new onslaught of ideas and innovations. Granted one article may not have been the tipping point (and don't confuse your AJAX with your Web 2.0), but it certainly seems that we're being inundated with good (and bad) new products lately - Blinksale, Blummy, Backpack, Bloglines, Basecamp, Backbase, Bindows, and those are just a few B's. Are you watching Windows Live? That looks interesting too.

    If you're at all interested in being a beta stalker, check out the Museum of Modern Betas, and you can even subscribe to their feed so you'll never miss the next big thing. But if you want to play, you have to keep up. You don't want to end up a Beta Loser, do you?

    I guess my only question is where will all of this take us? I mean, you can now gather a feed for your feeds (OPML) and you can tag your own tags (TagTagger). It seems like this is starting to disappear up its own arse. I wonder what a post-meta-postmodernist would say?