Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, November 21, 2005

    Tracks of the Week: Orange

    Boards of Canada "Aquarius" - Want to hear me say the word "orange"? Listen closely at 1:30, and again a few moments later, and again and again throughout the rest of the song. It's actually not me, but my friends think otherwise. This track is one of the highlights off of BoC's stellar debut album The Music Has the Right to Children. Their newest album released this fall isn't different enough to set itself apart from its predecessors. Yet it's still a highlight from this year's worth of sublime electronic music. Buy It.

    Wendy Carlos "March From A Clockwork Orange" - This song is lifted from one of my favorite scenes of Kubrick's film, A Clockwork Orange. Alex wanders through a futuristic record store with all sorts of lights and gizmos and (?) records. You'd think in the future they'd be selling music on something other than records. But vinyl purists would never let that happen I suppose. Buy It.