Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, November 07, 2005

    Tracks of the Week: Remix

    Sven Väth "Harlequin Plays Bells (Alter Ego Remix)" - This week I'm spotlighting remixes that I feel are superior to their originals. This track was always on heavy rotation at my radio show in college. It's a great one to speak over. Actually, the entire remix CD is wonderful. Reworkings by Underworld, Speedy J, and Hardfloor are also available on the disc. But there was always something about this Alter Ego mix that I've been drawn to. Buy It.

    Psychic TV "S.M.I.L.E. (Greedy Beat Syndicate Remix)" - For me, the best Psychic TV releases are still Towards Thee Infinite Beat and its companion remix album Beyond Thee Infinite Beat. But why is this version better than the original? Three simple words: Daffy Duck sample. (Plus some nice "Key Largo" film samples sprinked throughout.) Buy It.