Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, December 13, 2005

    Woot! There it is

    I'm sorry. That's an awful title for a post. But I'm sticking to it. Woot! is an online store whose motto is "One Day, One Deal." Simple, and effective.

    You have one day to get your grubby hands on some cool gadget at an unbelievable bargain price. (Cue the obnoxious mattress/carpet/furniture sales guy.) Woot! has an RSS feed which is precisely how I discovered the Virgin Boomtube EX. List price is $200. Amazon has it for $60. Woot! trumped them all and practically gave it away for $30. So I couldn't resist.

    Now that my Boomtube is here, I love it. I already have a nice set of Klipsch speakers for my laptop, but they're hardly portable. The Boomtube will be good for trips - I'm looking in your direction Timmaay. Plus they crank out some nice sound. The EX model has more powerful bass than the basic model, plus a nod to Spinal Tap with volume control that goes to 11. You know, if you need that extra push over the cliff. Eleven. Exactly. One louder.