Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, January 20, 2006

    Back-to-back troubles

    As I type this, I'm laying on the bed staring at the ceiling and listening to my cat's nose whstle as she sleeps soundly next to me. Why am I doing this on a beautiful Friday afternoon? Frankly, because I'm in pain. After the biblical rainstorms we had here on Wednesday, our basement filled with water for the second time in one week (the first being last weekend after Friday's heavy rains). So we've spent the greater part of the last week dealing with our basement woes.

    We had a service team come in last weekend and vaccuum out the water and turn on a huge dehumidifier and fans to dry things out. This worked well until Wednesday when it started all over again. In the meantime our builder arranged to install a sump pump, but with our luck the earliest the foundation cutter and plumber could arrive was Thursday morning.

    So there I was, Wednesday night, vaccuuming up gallons upon gallons of water with our new trusty shop vac. On one of the trips (the sixteenth?) out the bulkhead stairs to dump the water (mind you, far from the foundation) I slipped on a step and wrenched my back.

    Cut to two days later, and here I lay on a heating pad, plenty of meds, and trying my best to catch up on work emails as they continue to flood in (pun intended). But soon it will be the weekend, and I'll have time to rest. Maybe play around a little more with Last.fm so you can see what I've been listening to.

    As long as I recouperate over the next couple days, I'll be happy. Next week will be crazy for me because I'm preparing for the longest journey of my life. On Thursday night, I'm off to India for ten days for work. My colleagues in Chennai may need to prop me up in the corner, but at least I'll be there laying the groundwork for what will be a very intense year of software projects. When I'm back, I hope to make the second podcast available and share some photos of the southern coast of India. Goodbye for now.