Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, January 28, 2006

    Create your iTunes signature in less than two minutes

    My back isn't back to normal. I should be in Chennai, India right now but I'm not. I think I made the best decision to postpone my voyage and not take on the 17-hour flight. It seems I'm slowly improving though. I've been walking around much of the day so far, but sitting is another story. Lots of rest, lots of ice, and lots of ibuprofen seem to be gradually helping my back. We'll see what the next couple weeks bring.

    In other news, Mr. Murky Words unearthed a fun free app that will excavate your iTunes library and confirm something you already know: You have an idiotic music collection. The iTunes Signature Maker takes moments to create a personalized signature audio file, and you can even customize a few settings before it spits out your music clip.

    My signature came out relatively tame. No sign of southeastern Asia insect electronica. No indication of any shortwave numbers stations, or Robert Mitchum calaypso. Nope, relatively tame considering what it could've pulled from my library. (And remember kids, too much music causes apathy.)

    Anyway, for a rundown of what you do get in this 17-second audio file, here's the tracklisting:

    My iTunes Signature (.wav, 2.3MB)

    Depeche Mode "Policy Of Truth"
    Marsen Jules "Fanes D'Automne"
    Architecture in Helsinki "Souvenirs"
    Mice Parade "Two, Three, Fall"
    Brian Jonestown Massacre "Going To Hell"
    Thievery Corporation "Revolution Solution"
    Boards of Canada "Dayvan Cowboy"
    Cannonball Adderley "Somethin' Else"
    Broken Social Scene "I Slept With Bonhomme At The C"
    Sonny Clark "Somethin' Special"
    Devendra Banhart "Heard Somebody Say"
    Montag "Temps d'Observer Les Voies Ouvertes"
    Keren Ann "Not Going Anywhere"
    Melchior Productions "Que Pasa"
    Nick Drake "One Of These Things First"
    Triola "Neuland"
    Loscil "Lucy Dub"
    Jamie Lidell "When I Come Back Around"

    See? A stupid mix, but it certainly could've been much worse. What does your signature sound like?