Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, February 22, 2006

    The controlled chaos of Chennai

    My camera broke today. That's bad timing considering I'm only halfway through my visit to India. Apparently the camera problem is a known issue with the Canon Powershot, and it's probably something I will not be able to fix while here. I was able to get about 40 or so photos over the last two days. Sadly, not many of the actual office here, and none of the team members themselves. It's a shame.

    But I was able to capture one of the most unique aspects of Chennai: the street life. The traffic here is astounding. There are cars, buses, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, and pedestrians swarming the streets in what one of my Indian colleagues calls "a controlled chaos." I've loved my 20 minute commutes to and from the office so far in the little "auto" taxi. I did my best to take as many pictures as I could on the ride without falling out!