Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, April 07, 2006

    And I could've done without that

    What's worse than battling severe jet lag while in India? Getting conjunctivitis of course! But what can be worse than that? Why, getting crapped on by a bird while leaving the hospital!

    Yes, friends, it's been a tough couple days. The first few were fine. Meetings went well, and I got a lot accomplished. But since yesterday, life's been another story. As I type this, I'm inches from my screen peeking out of slits for eyes and listening to Hollywood Squares in my hotel room.

    I guess this will finally be the push I need to buy a pair of eyeglasses. Luckily I packed a couple extra pairs of contact lenses. Let's hope I heal enough by Sunday morning to at least wear one to make it to the airport and back home again.

    It's only Friday morning here, though. So that's still a couple days away. For now, I'm waiting patiently in my room for an omelette and some sweet lime juice. OK, that's about all the seeing I can take for now.

    UPDATE: I know I've talked with some of you before about the relatively cheaper cost of just about everything here in India. Here's another prime example: Guess how much it cost for my hospital registration fee, the exam itself, plus two prescriptions for eyedrops. If you guessed $13.50 you'd be right.