Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, December 24, 2006

    Celebrating an overlooked pioneer

    Who knew I grew up in a town where radio really started? WBUR has the story. Sure, Marconi technically invented the concept of the radio broadcast, but all that he accomplished were some blips and bleeps when he transmitted morse code. But it was Reginald A. Fessenden who delivered the world's first voice radio broadcast from Marshfield, MA in 1906. And the broadcast took place 100 years ago today!

    There's going to be a little celebration around noon today to commemorate the broadcast. We might just try to swing by and dance to Handel's "Largo."