Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, May 20, 2007

    Hey kids! Big Ben, Wagamama!

    We just returned from a brilliant holiday in London. It was a very nice break from work and celebration of Alyssa's completion of her school year. The weather could've been nicer, but meh, can't complain. The occasional rain showers and threatening skies didn't stop us from seeing and doing a lot. And eating a lot.

    Despite England's reputation for sub-par cuisine, we ate some awesome food. We never did get fish 'n chips because we mostly opted for Asian meals. We had some tremendously good Burmese, Malaysian, Japanese, Thai, and Middle Eastern though. I can't wait for Wagamama to make its mark on this side of the pond. The first one stateside just opened a few weeks ago in Fanueil Hall. I'm sure more will be popping up shortly if the Boston one succeeds.

    The "hop on, hop off" bus tour was a fun way to start our week, plus we took advantage of the free Thames cruise you get with the bus ticket. The Tate Modern was an enlightening way to spend an afternoon. I'm a big fan of twentieth century art so it was fun to come face to face with works by Duchamp, Dali, Warhol, and a room filled with massive dark red and black Rothkos. The Rothko room was definitely a highlight for me.

    The Tower of London was interesting -- the White Tower being the best part. We didn't go inside Westminster, St. Paul's or Buckingham Palace; nor did we take a ride on the London Eye, but we saw them all and took photos.

    Speaking of which, it was fun to post photos in real-time from my phone. I know a few of you saw them in (almost) real-time too and commented on a few. Sorry for the shoddy quality of some of the uploads. I blame that on the not-so stellar quality of the connection I had. Now that we're home I'm working on uploading the rest, so watch for those if you're interested. Click through for the set.