Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, July 05, 2007

    389 miles shy

    I was so incredibly close to busting the 100,000 mile mark on my Corolla. I was about a half work-week away from doing so. That would've felt like some kind of accomplishment. But, alas, my Corolla and I were together for a mere 73,167 miles. At the beginning of the week, I traded him in and bought a new 2007 Hyundai Sonata.

    Black was not my first choice. However, given the scarcity of the most popular colors this time of year, they let me drive away in my 2nd choice color but with the "premium" package at no extra charge. So I'm now sporting power seats, some steering wheel stereo controls, nicer trim, automatic lights, lumbar support, a trip computer, and 3 free months of XM radio. So far I'm really enjoying XM. I might opt for the $12.99 a month at the end of the summer to keep it going. There's this one channel called "Lucy" where I feel like I've traveled back to my late high school/early college days of alternative rock. That's fun to revisit every once in a while.