Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, July 22, 2007

    Heaven in a cone

    Ever since I was knee-high to a grasshopper pie, I've been in love with JC's ice cream on route 53 in Hanover, Massachusetts. Actually, more accurately, I've been in love with their pistachio soft serve. It's the only thing I've ever had there. I could have two Thanksgiving dinners in a row and still make room for their pistachio.

    You'd think that pistachio soft serve might not be very good, or at the very least, an odd choice for soft serve. But this stuff is beyond fantastic. It kinda tastes like pistachios but not really. It's not overly sweet. Its flavor is pretty mild but there's just something magical about it. Growing up, it was my real-life version of Willy Wonka's snozzberries. It was so good, it just had a fictional quality about it.

    If you're ever in Hanover, I can't recommend JC's enough. Get yourself a pistachio soft serve in a cone, eat it while sitting in your car, and then go back for more.