Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, October 17, 2005

    Tracks of the Week: Glitch

    System Error "Enter To Exit" - There was a glitch with this week's tracks, so you get three rather than the typical two. This album was the first that showed me you could make a fine product out of errors, mistakes, hiccups, and accidents. It's a warm, organic ride through faulty software. The duo in System Error also go by the name Higher Intelligence Agency, and I get the feeling that the glitchy material here is the garbage generated from their HIA sessions. Mmm garbage. Enjoy! Out of print.

    Oval "Do While" - Somehow finagling a career out of playing skipping CDs, Oval's Markus Popp deconstructed a beauty with 1994's 94 Diskont. Fractured clicks meet head on with decaying melodies. This track was a staple on my old radio show -- at least a portion of it. Clocking in at over 24 minutes, you'll either be thanking me for some off-kilter glitchy brilliance, or shaking your fists at the sky yelling "Why, Sean?! Why?!?" Buy It.

    ELpH vs. Coil "The Halliwell Hammers" - Another track created through unplanned results from electronic equipment. From 1995's Worship the Glitch, this little piece is a bizarre instrumental, even for Coil's standards. It's basically the music you'd hear in your head if you stumbled through a carnival's funhouse after eating way too many chili dogs. Buy It.

    Can you believe I've been posting music here for a year now? I can't.