Bringing you Nervous Music since October 2003

Archives

 



seanmcg's del.icio.us My del.icio.us

 


I am seanmcg on del.icio.us and you can add me to your network.

Listening

 

Muxtape 2

"When New York Was New York"






Get Songbird

Flickr-ing

 

A random selection from my archive:

Reading

 

Roberto Bolaño, The Savage Detectives

 

My Wishlist

Moment of Zen

 

Moment of Zen (inspired by Tim's Koans)

Courtesy of Timmay


Blog posts are no longer happening here. Visit blog.nervousmusic.net for the latest updates.



    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, December 14, 2005

    More ways to control your blog-reading addiction

    So maybe you're not like me and you don't have close to 200 weblog feeds that quickly fill up with new posts every day. Maybe you have no use for tips on how to control your blog-reading time. But then again, maybe you do. Maybe you're an info junkie just like me. I tend to quickly browse before work during the week, but then spend some time sifting through longer articles on the weekends. All of this is time-permitting of course, and lately there's been very little time.

    Here are a few ways to make your reading time more effective. I mentioned you can set up a Probation folder to keep those new feeds in a holding pattern until you're ready to commit it to your permanent list. But this new article has a few more helpful tips, including organizing your feeds by frequency or importance rather than topic. I like that.